Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Northward Bound

Nothing all-that new is going on here in Jackson. That’s not to say that I’m bored. In fact, I’ve been in engaging in much of the same activities about which I’ve already written. Who wants to hear about that which is usual, familiar, or just not noteworthy for the second time?

This weekend will boast some awesome activities. On Saturday, a few of us will be heading upstate to Oxford, the home of Ole Miss, and Clarksdale, where I plan on visiting the Delta Blues Museum and Morgan Freeman's blues club Ground Zero. The next day I’ll hopefully gather a group of people to go down to Mize, Mississippi for the annual Smith County Watermelon Festival, which boasts such events as a watermelon seed-spitting contest, a greased watermelon race and a watermelon eating contest.

Have I mentioned that I love the South?

No comments: